When Teachers Are Threatened or Assaulted
We’ve been hearing from a lot of schools where our members are not aware of their rights regarding threats and assaults so here is the procedure for reporting:
- Write a referral for “Physical Assault on School Personnel.”
- Report any injuries to the nurse/health clerk at your school.
- Write an incident report.
- Send the report to Dr. Ballard and cc it to your principal, your area superintendent, and TCTA.
- You have the right to file charges with the Tulsa Police Department or a report with the TPS Police Department (or both). They can be reached at 746-6437.
- If your injuries require a doctor’s care, you should call Human Capital at the ESC – 746-6800 – and then go to a Concentra Medical Center. (This is required for Workers Compensation claims.)