We are the only teacher’s association pledged to strive for the National
Education Association’s nine principles of excellence.
1. Students must master what is taught.
2. Students must be active participants in learning.
3. Full learning opportunity must be available for all students.
4. Learning should occur throughout life.
5. Authority must be vested in the local faculty.
6. School staff must be professionally compensated.
7. There must be high standards for teacher preparation and practice.
8. School/community resources must be coordinated to benefit students.
9. Financial support to achieve educational excellence is required.