State Capitol Parking and Shuttle Information
Getting to the Capitol If you are driving a car: Parking around the Capitol is very limited. Do not park in reserved spaces or you risk being towed. The Oklahoma History Center is located northeast of the Capitol complex. They are opening at 8 AM to allow restroom use. Their cafe opens at 11. There will be two vans shuttle people to the Capitol from the Oklahoma History Center. The east Capitol parking lot will be closed to the public and will only be used by the Highway Patrol and the media. There will be five remote locations for you to park and be shuttled to the Capitol. The shuttles will run between 7 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. and again from 1:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Remote locations are:
- Remington Park Racetrack, 1 Remington Place, OKC, 73111. They have generously provided 1,100 spaces in parking lot D3. There will be people to direct you once you arrive.
- Taft Middle School, 2901 N.W. 23rd Street.
- Northwest Classen 2801 NW 27th, 73107
- Douglass High School, 900 N. Martin Luther King Ave. 73117
- Capitol Hill High School, 500 SW 36th
***If you need wheelchair assistance for shuttle bus purposes, you may use the Remington Park Shuttle Bus service. No other remote bussing location will be wheel accessible.